A Place for Mom scholarship is offered by a place of mom to university students interested in the fields of aging & gerontology. Get the full info here.
As North America’s largest senior living referral service, we know the importance of supporting the training and education of our future senior care leaders.
A Place for Mom scholarship will be awarded to a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) who is enrolled and currently taking classes at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec), and will grant selected applicants a $2,000 financial donation for their compelling submissions on life lessons from a senior.
Check This Also: St Clares Scholarship Application – Check Steps & Apply Now
Our 400 Senior Living Advisors across the U.S. and Canada guide you through the process of helping your loved one transition into senior living. Your Senior Living Advisor listens to your family’s unique needs and matches you with the right resources and senior care options.
Every family has a unique story. Understanding that story is the key to helping you find the right living arrangement for your loved one. That’s why we have always connected families to real, local Senior Living Advisors.
Read This Also: 6 Foods With High Saturated Fat -Their Effects on our Health
Whether your family needs support 3 miles away or 3,000 miles away, your advisor is available to talk through the entire process, from starting the conversation with your loved one to connecting to the right senior living arrangement.
Criteria For Enrollment Into a Place for Mom Scholarship
- Must be enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program in the fields of gerontology, long term care administration, social work, medicine, nursing, or sociology at an accredited 2 year college or 4 year university. The student must intend on pursuing a career that involves working with senior citizens.
- The applicant must be attending classes at an accredited college or university at the time of the spring deadline.
- Employees of a Place for Mom and members of their immediate family and persons living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarship will be awarded to five students who write the most compelling essay as judged by an outside panel of senior living professionals.
- Award must be used toward tuition or book costs for the field of study for which the Scholarship Award was approved.
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: HALF-TIME; Grad: HALF-TIME
- Major: Multiple: Nursing, Gerontology, Social Work, Sociology, Public Administration,
- Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: Any
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: A Place for Mom, Inc.
- Street Address: 701 5th Ave., Suite 3200 Seattle, WA 98104
- Phone Number: (206)285-4666 or (866) 333-7935
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Submission to a Place For Mom Scholarship
Student may choose to send either an essay or a video submission on the following topic: What are the most important life lessons that you have learned from a grandparent or other senior in your life? How will you use the lessons learned from them in your future career in working with seniors?
Essay Requirements for a Place for Mom Scholarship :
- 400 to 700 words emailed to email@example.com; emails should include student’s name in the subject line.
Video Requirements a Place For Mom Scholarship:
- The Video must consist of the Applicant’s interview of a senior or the Applicant’s sharing a story about life lessons from an older person who is/was important in the Applicant’s life.
- Video must be at least two minutes, but no more than three minutes.
- The Video should have good production quality (images, sound, etc.); the Video doesn’t have to be polished, but needs to be well put together.
- The Video may include other people, but the Applicant must have permission from all individuals who appear in or are mentioned in the Video to use their name, voice and/or image. If they are not willing, please do not use them in the Video. If requested, Applicants must be able to provide A Place for Mom with such permission on a form acceptable to A Place for Mom.
- The Video may not:
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Feature brand names or trademarks.
- Contain artwork not created by the Applicant.
- Contain copyrighted music without permission or licensing for use in this Application.
Large video files (20MB or larger) should be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube and the link included in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our email system will not accept .zip files.